- Added the ability to keyframe operator attributes.
- When in keyframe mode, VisIt will interpolate the operator attributes between operator keyframes.
- Keyframing makes it possible to easily create sophisticated animations such as animating slice planes, iso surfaces and any operator attributes available.
- Two new functions have been added to the Python scripting interface to support operator keyframing. They are
- A tutorial has been added for creating keyframe animations.
- Numerous enhancements have been made to the Blueprint reader.
- Added the MFEM LOR setting to the MFEM Reader. Users may now choose between the new LOR scheme and the legacy LOR scheme. The new scheme is the default.
- VisIt’s Blueprint reader has been enhanced so related high order volume fraction fields from a matset are grouped into a material that can be used with the FilledBoundary plot. The high order material data fields are refined through MFEM LOR, whose refinement level can be controlled with the MultiresControl operator.
- VisIt’s Blueprint reader now supports materials with material numbers that do NOT fall in the range [0, N), where N is the number of materials.
- VisIt’s Blueprint reader now detects high-order volume fractions fields following the naming pattern volume_fraction_ZZZ as a material.
- VisIt’s Blueprint reader now limits the total number of open HDF5 file handles.
- A number of key libraries used by VisIt have been upgraded.